Just before lunch today, 1L went to the oval to have a go at flying some Spongebob kites. We have been talking about toys and how they move and work. Here are some photos from today's adventures.
A kite works by the wind pressure underneath it. You help the kite glide with the string. The wind flows under the kite and your hand guides how long or short the string is. The higher the kite, the more it will glide. From Samuel (and some help from mum :-)
To 1L, I know that kites can fly using the string and wind. I loved making the army kite for Prep. Thank you Mrs Coates for the cool fabric! From Alannah and Alannah's mum
A kite works by the wind pressure underneath it. You help the kite glide with the string. The wind flows under the kite and your hand guides how long or short the string is. The higher the kite, the more it will glide.
ReplyDeleteFrom Samuel (and some help from mum :-)
Well that looks like lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteFrom Karen (Alexanders Mum)
Great effort flying kites !!!
ReplyDeleteGlad no one left the ground with the kites !!
From Mrs Coates Father
Dear 1L
ReplyDeleteA kite needs wind to make it fly.
You use your energy to help it move too.
I love you so so so so so so so so so so much.
Love from mel
To 1L, I know that kites can fly using the string and wind. I loved making the army kite for Prep. Thank you Mrs Coates for the cool fabric! From Alannah and Alannah's mum
ReplyDelete