Welcome to 1L's blog. We hope you enjoy reading about what we've been doing in class.

Friday, 24 February 2012

Repeating Patterns

Today's Maths lesson took place in two locations, in the classroom and on the oval.  In our classroom, we used different 2D shapes to make repeating patterns.  We then went to the oval and raided the sports shed.  We used sports equipment to make as many different repeating patterns as we could.  It was lots of fun to have part of our lesson outside.  We are looking forward to having another outside Maths lesson next week.

In the classroom:

 On the Oval:


Here is a video of Mitchell explaining his repeating pattern:

 




Games:

6 comments:

  1. Wow 1L that looks like so much fun. What a great job you are doing in year one.

    From Miss Farrell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear 1L, These games are really cool, and you are having so much fun playing them. Keep up the great work in class.
    From Mr Perikleous (Sophia's Dad)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs Coates,

    I had so much fun playing the pattern games. I didn't think learning could be so much fun!

    From Harry Worby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear 1L I hope we be good on monday from Lucas

      Delete
  4. To 1l, the patterns are fantastic.

    From Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear 1L I hope we have a very good day from Lucas

      Delete